When has justice ever been as simple as a rule book? The Enterprise computer system is controlled by three primary main processor cores, cross-linked with a redundant melacortz ramistat, fourteen kiloquad interface modules. Not if I weaken first. I think you've let your personal feelings cloud your judgement. Some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you. Maybe we better talk out here; the observation lounge has turned into a swamp. Your head is not an artifact! We could cause a diplomatic crisis. Take the ship into the Neutral Zone How long can two people talk about nothing? I am your worst nightmare! Damage report! and attack the Romulans. Did you come here for something in particular or just general Riker-bashing? Some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you. Maybe if we felt any human loss as keenly as we feel one of those close to us, human history would be far less bloody. Mr. Worf, you sound like a man who's asking his friend if he can start dating his sister. I've had twelve years to think about it. And if I had it to do over again, I would have grabbed the phaser and pointed it at you instead of them. The look in your eyes, I recognize it. You used to have it for me. What? We're not at all alike! We know you're dealing in stolen ore. But I wanna talk about the assassination attempt on Lieutenant Worf. When has justice ever been as simple as a rule book? This should be interesting. Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named "Enterprise." We finished our first sensor sweep of the neutral zone. Well, that's certainly good to know. I guess it's better to be lucky than good. Computer, belay that order. Sorry, Data. This is not about revenge. This is about justice. Your shields were failing, sir. And blowing into maximum warp speed, you appeared for an instant to be in two places at once. Fate protects fools, little children and ships named Enterprise. The game's not big enough unless it scares you a little. In all trust, there is the possibility for betrayal. Now we know what they mean by 'advanced' tactical training. I'd like to think that I haven't changed those things, sir. What's a knock-out like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this? Fear is the true enemy, the only enemy. A surprise party? Mr. Worf, I hate surprise parties. I would *never* do that to you. Worf, It's better than music. It's jazz. Our neural pathways have become accustomed to your sensory input patterns. Mr. Worf, you do remember how to fire phasers? I'm afraid I still don't understand, sir. You enjoyed that. Maybe if we felt any human loss as keenly as we feel one of those close to us, human history would be far less bloody. I'll be sure to note that in my log. My oath is between Captain Kargan and myself. Your only concern is with how you obey my orders. Or do you prefer the rank of prisoner to that of lieutenant? I can't. As much as I care about you, my first duty is to the ship. Sure. You'd be surprised how far a hug goes with Geordi, or Worf. But the probability of making a six is no greater than that of rolling a seven. Yesterday I did not know how to eat gagh. Wait a minute - you've been declared dead. You can't give orders around here. You're going to be an interesting companion, Mr. Data. Shields up! Rrrrred alert! About four years. I got tired of hearing how young I looked. Commander William Riker of the Starship Enterprise.